Sunday, July 18, 2010

Today John, Netta and I went to work. We recorded some dialogue in English for some Korean people who wrote an English grammar book. They made a recording to go along with the book.

It was fun. Joe set it up for us and it was in his church's recording studio. His church has a recording studio!

Netta and John went first and they were thrilled with John's voice. Netta started off kind of stiff but did very well with expression in the end. Or so John reported. While they were recording Olive and I went to meet Joe's wife which was a pleasure. She is so sweet and Olive found a room full of kids and toys to play with.

Then it was my turn and they even provided childcare. Olive was fussy without me so they took her away - fed her an ice cream - put her in a ball bin and then she was happy without me. Not so surprising.

People give the kids candy and ice cream all the time. Especially in stores to keep them quiet while their parents shop.

Then this evening the moving saga continued. John went to meet the mover but only some of our stuff made it here. The fridge, washer and closet will come tomorrow but the couch, dining room table, a desk for Netta and a low cabinet made it here.

So I am sitting on the couch instead of the floor.

John has to finish the job tomorrow which is a bummer as he had scheduled to really start his work tomorrow. He is sad to have to put it off again and tired from all the drama with moving tonight. Hard to see him sad. Wish I could fix it....

I am hoping to do my first grocery shop in this house tomorrow with the new fridge arriving. Also looking forward to washing some laundry - diapers specifically.

The landlords also sweetly came and fixed all the leaks, brought us water and a brand new gas range to cook on. They are calling the gas company and I may even be able to boil water tomorrow. Oh the small pleasures...

That's about it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment