Friday, July 9, 2010






Hi Friends,
Well another day here in Asia. The day began with a long trip to a children's kitchen music place. Joe's class was going so he invited us to go along. It was far away so we left early but still got there late. I had a whole plan about not switching subway trains but going to a different station. Of course I couldn't find the station and poor Netta had to follow me around tired, hungry and rushed. We finally settled on a different station with a different transfer then off we went rushing to get there on time. We were about 1/2 hour late but we were met at the elevator by Joe's boss and she ushered us right in.

We got in there and discovered what it was all about. Which was a whole lot of cheesiness. The kids were little and they liked it but Netta was disgusted and sat with her arms folded. Of course they picked on us because we stick out so much. They were recording sounds for an animated movie that they showed afterwards and I had to say "I love you Netta" and she had to say "I love you Mom." Well she said it with a monotone voice and left out the mom. Kind of funny.


So then Olive wanted to do her own thing but it was a class - I couldn't tell if we were allowed to eat in there - I suspected not but she wanted to eat. She then threw a crying fit. Oh the joy. So by this time I thought Netta is too old for this and Olive is too young. But I could not escape. They just herded the kids through without any way to break from the group. I finally exited to use the bathroom and Netta followed a few minutes afterward and we bailed. Wheeww another adventure.

We then had to head back home but needed to get a quick bite so we went to a Paris Baguette store. A chain of mediocre bakeries. Netta got a pizza and some garlic bread and a doughnut. I got a sausage (hot dog) pizza. The pizza red sauce was ketchup as Olive would say "eeeewwww" and the garlic bread had a thick sprinkling of sugar on it. Very strange - not very tasty.

I got home late to skype with Jenn but luckily she is a night owl and John took Olive to the park and I got to chat with my friend. It was my first daytime break from kids since we arrived. I really needed it and it was fun to see and talk to my sweet friend.

Tonight we had a great meal. Ben ( Yarrow's brother) is in Seoul and so we met him for dinner. We went down an alley and found a great little place to eat. I had cheese ramen - which was ramen in a spicy broth with a slice of american cheese melted on top. Sounds weird but it
was very yummy. A recommendation from Ben. The food was great and cheap. Of course Netta didn't eat anything - luckily we had fed her before hand ground beef and rice. The ground beef was $13 a pound - ouch. Maybe we will eat less meat here.

We found some nice fruit for cheap in the alley on the way home and the girls macked fruit all the way home. I think it was the first night Netta did not eat ice - cream.

It was great to see Ben and it sounds like he will be coming back to South Korea in Sept and spending the school year here going to "Go School". Very cool.

Well I'm off to bed exhausted with an aching back from carrying Olive's stroller up and down subway stairs all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment