Friday, March 4, 2011

Random notes and photos


Netta's drawing of her emblem from the back of her Tae Kwon Do outfit. She arrived home today thrilled because she received her third belt (blue). She is hoping to get one or two more before we return home.



Olive's lovely art project. She was playing with this game and asked me to look at her arrangement. I love the sorting in this - it is beautiful.
We are all measuring time until we come home now. Trying to do all the things we want to do before we come home. For John that means eating things from the local market that he has not dared to try yet. These have included so far a squid, a fresh fish, and some red bumpy sea creatures that we cannot yet identify. For me it is planning a trip to Jeju Island well really earning and saving the money to make the trip and then planning it. For Netta it is a lot of planning and dreaming. She and I have both been having lots of dreams about home lately. Our family also spent one night going through the alphabet and naming one thing we are looking forward to when we get home that began with each letter. You know - A - avocado. Oh man I am looking forward to some avocados. It has been great here but we all miss home a lot. Maybe it is also the weather and being stuck inside for so long. It is March now but still really cold. Olive has a little cold and I don't want her out in the wind so we are stuck at home again. I am hoping that when it finally warms up and we can get out more we will be happier and not focusing so much on getting home. It is after all quite a few months before we come home.

Well I guess those are enough thoughts for tonight. I really need to go to sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment