Thursday, March 17, 2011

catching up

So I am trying to catch up on life here in Seoul. I can't remember if I posted this photo already so it may be a repeat. This is our sweet friend Mac and her niece with Netta and I - we all went to see a concert together. John stayed home with Olive. It was fun to have a girls' night out and I really enjoyed the music. Pretty standard classical fare but lovely and fun for Netta to hear.

Mac owns a small clothing shop close to our house. She stopped me one day and asked me about English lessons. She lived in Las Vegas for one year and her English is very good. I have been teaching some of her friends and customers as well as just recently her niece and nephew. She is a sweetheart - she helps us with everything from ordering a pizza to our internet service. Her sister cooks amazing meals for us - they are wonderful friends.
Speaking of wonderful friends here is Olive during our dinner out recently with our friend Phillipa. She just returned from a couple of months in Singapore and Malaysia. It was great to see her, she is fun! She took all the photos you see here.
Netta at dinner - I like this shot. She is wearing one of the 2 new pairs of glasses she got a couple of weeks ago. Glasses are really cheap here - she got 2 pairs for about $70 and they even fixed her broken pair for us too.
John and the girls - whenever the camera comes out Olive pulls a face.

I like how calm John looks here even with all these goofy girls.
This is a great one of Phillipa with the girls.
I decided to post more of Netta's projects as folks seem to like seeing them here. She has been working with clay quite a bit. I like these tiny intricate cakes she is creating.
Rainbows.....
Body art - Olive asks Netta to paint on her all the time. I actually need to get Netta more face paints, she is out of the ones I got her at the holidays.
Netta with another tiny cake.
It even has a little cake box.
Netta made this on a field trip that we went on with her art academy. There was a Picasso exhibit and then the kids made these out of food. I like it - we enjoyed eating it with Netta's friends that night when they came over for a sleep over at our house.
Sorry about the sideways pictures again. So the California girls decided today that they were going to the beach. Don't let that patch of sunshine fool you it is still about 0 degrees celsius here- even colder with the wind. The girls needed some summer energy so they dressed up in their summer clothes and spread out a beach towel in the living room. They even used an umbrella for shade. Then they filled the bath and went for a swim.
Here they are ready for their beach trip - I was the snack bar owner. I made food- not much different than my role as mom really.
Here they are enjoying their small but warm ocean.


As you can see we are all still looking forward to warmer days.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment