Saturday, October 16, 2010

sick

A paper tiger at the BICHE festival that I wrote about last time. At night these lit up from inside.
John and Netta kicking it on the couch.

I am sick - incredibly full of snot. Couldn't sleep last night at all as whenever I laid down I felt as if my head would explode. John has taken the kids to the History Museum so that I can sleep - but I still can't sleep. I just had a huge bloody nose and now am nervous when I lay down and my nose starts dripping (as it has been doing for 24 hours straight) that it is blood. Yuck!

Last night was Audrey's Memorial and we attended via Skype. I feel so grateful for all those who worked hard to make that happen. It meant a lot to me to hear the stories about Audrey and catch a glimpse of all those lovely folks joined together to celebrate her life. There was poetry, singing and dancing. It was really nice and allowed me some time to cry - to remember all that being in Audrey's life has taught me and my family and how lucky we all are for having been a part of her amazing life. I will miss her very much. I still wish I could hug some of those people - I guess that will never happen via Skype. Oh well I am grateful for what there is.

On another note I am starting a job this next week (if I am healthy enough). I answered an ad on Craigslist for childcare for a family at SNU. I met them last week and they seem really great - I am hoping the job will be fun - I will take Olive and Netta so that is convenient. Hopefully it won't be too crazy. Netta and the 5 year old little girl Nadya seem to play well so they will probably be pretty easy. The toddler (Olive) and the 1 year old little boy Thor - well we will see if I can pull it off. I am excited to try and it will help out financially around here. It will just be 2 days a week for about 4.5 hours each day. I'm sure I will have plenty of stories to share about how it is going. If I have enough energy to write after watching all of those little folks.

Other exciting news here is that Netta and John finally asked our landlady if we could have a kitten. We asked when we moved in and she first said yes and then we heard no. Netta has been really missing the cats at home (so have I) so she worked up her gumption to ask again and our sweet landlady said yes. So we have been looking and yesterday we met a little cutie who Netta and John will go pick up and bring home later today. The people who have her said their landlord won't let them keep her. She looks a lot like Dahlia's cat Roscoe. Very cute and Olive really wanted to hold her ---many times. I'm sure there will be pictures and many stories to follow. Any name ideas out there?

Well off I go to meet John and pick up Olive so that they can go get the kitten. I will write again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment