Friday, September 10, 2010

Busy week

I'm still exhausted from the last few days, because had a lot going on. There was the brahms concert with the somewhat annoying choir, followed by a big celebration. Foolishly, I tagged along when they said hey let's go to the noraebang (like a karaoke room) and suddenly it was 2 am. Then, There were the Nong concerts, people from California and concerts of contemporary music. That was stressful because my players weren't entirely feeling the polyrhythmic groove I had written for them. But it went quite well nonetheless. Netta thrived in the company of the composers, eloquent and gregarious. Then I gave a lecture to the Royal Asiatic Society, and I think that went well. I was nervous about that too; I'm not sure I'm a real intellectual... But I think I gave an interesting presentation about contemporary music/gugak collaboration and grounded it in current debates about cultural exchange... I was so glad that talk was over because it had been eating up too much of my time.
It's raining an awful lot. Signs of Fall are appearing, nuts falling from trees, blistering hot days less common... I like it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment